WiscWeb – WordPress – Using Enhanced Media Library Plugin
The Enhanced Media Library PRO is a WordPress plugin that allows you to create categories for your Media Library items for easier management and sorting, and is now active in all WiscWeb WordPress sites.
- To begin using categories for your Media Library, hover your mouse over the Media menu option on the left, and choose Media Categories.
- In the next screen, you can begin adding the categories that you would like for your media items. Simply give the category a Name (like PDFs), a Slug (the “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens. For example, media-pdfs), a Parent (which would allow you to create child categories for better sorting internally), and a Description (to further define the use of this category for yourself or others).
- Once you have entered that information, click the Add New Media Category.
- After creating your categories, you can now apply those categories to items that are within your Media Library. To do this, click on Media in the left menu, and your media library will appear.
- To apply Categories to your existing media, click on a media item to select it. In the right side of your screen, the Attachment Details screen will appear. Scrolling down, you should see a Media Categories section, with check boxes next to the media categories that you have created.
- Now that you have added categories, you can use the selections at the top of the screen to filter those items to easily find specific media items.